Product description Okuma Makaira Trolling Reel
– 6061-T6 machined aluminum frame with forged side plates.
– 17-4 grade stainless steel gearing.
– Helical cut gears for increased torque, smoothness and improved gear meshing.
– Makaira reels all feature two-speed gearing systems.
– Gold anodized two-speed gear shifter housing.
– Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool.
Corrosion Resistant Coating process.
– Patented spool pin system for use with braided or mono lines.
– Carbonite Dual Force drag system featuring Cal´s universal drag grease.
– Custom designed thrust bearing:
Alleviates side load on heavy drag settings.
– 4-pcs ABEC-5 precision Sapporo stainless steel ball bearings.
– MK-80WII features 6-pcs of Sapporo ball bearings.
– Double-dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse system.
– Ratcheting drag lever and pre-set knob for precise drag setting.
– Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert on all models.
– Heavy duty stainless steel ratcheting clicker system.
– Heavy duty, 17-4 grade stainless steel drive and spool shafts.
– Type-II gold anodized frame, sideplates, spool, drag lever and handle.
– Open top frame design on 10II, 15II,16II, 20II, and 50II.
– Lug and plug system on all open top reel models.
– Machined thumb rest on rear cross bar for improved ergonomics.
– Forged aluminum full hard anodized reel foot and reel clamp.
– Machine-etched marlin logo on left side plate.
– Precision placement of drain holes maximizes water removal from reel.
– Special screw ports around side plate screws reduces water/corrosion buildup.